We are now officially in June, and summer is fast approaching with cool spring being left behind for more and more heat. While I love baking and find it fairly relaxing, I don’t always want to heat up the oven (and the house) by baking in the summer, so I tend to gravitate towards no bake recipes. These are my favourite three recipes to use in the summer when you want something sweet for dessert but don’t want to deal with the heat of baking!
Fruit and Cream
This essentially isn’t a recipe it is so easy, but it’s one of my favourite desserts of all time- it’s easy, you can use whatever is in season, and it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare (10 if you have a ton of fruit to cut)! I usually use berries or peaches, but feel free to use whatever sort of fruit floats your boat!
– 1 cup of fruit for each person
– 1 litre of whipping cream (not whipped)
– 2 tbsp of sugar
1. Wash and cut fruit into bite-sized pieces.
2. Divide into bowls.
3. Pour cream over fruit, with some in the bottom but not full. (It’s not soup!)
4. Sprinkle sugar over the top, and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!
That’s it, that’s all!
Marshmallows are a terrifically versatile food. Delicious on their own, fantastic when roasted, and melted marshmallows make for a fantastic sauce. If you live anywhere like I do that alternates being so dry that there is a fire ban on and constant rain, having a bonfire isn’t always as easy as it seems. S’Mores bars are the perfect way to get your s’more fix without going to the trouble of having a fire!
-250g regular marshmallows (handful of mini marshmallows)
-75g of salted butter
-150g of semi-sweet chocolate chips
-265g of graham crackers (2/3 sleeves in a regular box)
1. Crush graham crackers into smaller pieces (1-2cm size). Empty broken graham crackers and 125g of chocolate chips into greased 33x23cm pan.
2. Over medium heat, melt butter and and regular marshmallows together until melted. DO NOT let this sit as it can caramelise quickly (continuous stirring needed)!
3. Pour melted marshmallow and butter mixture over graham crumbs and pack down. Top with remaining mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
I have shared this recipe before, but it’s one of my absolute favourites- it’s another great way to use in season fruit and whipped cream (can you tell what I love?)! It’s also not difficult to assemble, and I would say takes about 15 minutes total. I was told that you can apparently buy chocolate graham crackers, so I am going to be trying the chocolate version this summer!
-2 sleeves of graham crackers
-2 cans of whipped cream
-2 cups of cut strawberries
1. Layer graham crackers, whipped cream, and strawberries 2-3 times.
2. Leave out for 5 minutes to allow slight melting.
3. Place in fridge for at least half an hour; place in freezer for a harder cake.
What desserts do you like to make in the summer?
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin’