I think that all of us can admit that we’ve eaten our fair share of raw cookie dough in our lives, more than some of our fair share in a lot of cases! And although it is truly delicious and might make you feel like you are walking on the wild side, it’s really not that great for you in the long run. Thankfully there are people who have come up with recipes so that we can enjoy our cookie without the risk of salmonella or anything else to stop us- this is one of my favourite edible cookie dough recipes!
Made In a Day is a fantastic resource for recipes, and I’ve gone there many times myself! She logs her recipes by ingredient, which makes it incredibly easy to search when you have a craving for something. I’ve tried four or five different edible cookie dough recipes, but this is my favourite by far!
**She includes directions on roasting your flour- raw flour should not be consumed, so all you have to do is pop it in the oven quickly and wait for it to cool before using it!
-2 sticks of unsalted butter softened
-1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon salt
-2 cups all-purpose flour toasted for safety
-2 tablespoons milk
-4-8 ounces mini chocolate chips
1. In a mixer blend softened butter, brown sugar and salt together.
2. Toast the flour: Spread raw flour out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes to kill any harmful bacteria.
3. Let the flour cool to room temperature before adding chips or they will melt.
4. Mix in vanilla and then slowly add in the flour.
5. Add in the milk.
6. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
7. Sprinkle with chips and serve with ice cream or alone.
8. Store in refrigerator or freeze up to 3 months.
Things I Changed
-I used regular chocolate chips, as I had no mini chocolate chips on hand!
-I will often roll it into balls for parties/events to make it easier for guests!
Are you for or against raw cookie dough?