You Will Be Missed, Kate Spade

On June 5, 2018, Kate Spade lost her battle with mental illness and the world became a little more dull.

Kate Spade Strawberry Coin Purse.jpg

I know that the world will be hunting for a story on how this could have happened and all of the details. However, you don’t need to know that. What you do need to know is that there are resources there for you if you are facing mental health illness. There are friends and family who are willing to listen. There are doctors that can work with your biochemistry. There are therapists and counsellors who can talk with you in person, over the phone, or even online if that is what is best for you. All of us are different, and we all need our own approach to mental health.

Kate Spade Memoriam

I am here for you if you ever need someone to listen. I can’t promise that I will solve any of your problems, but I can be here to lean on, and to listen to you, and I can hopefully offer you some resources.

RIP Kate Spade, we will live colourfully for you.

10 thoughts on “You Will Be Missed, Kate Spade

1. It's Megan June 6, 2018 / 6:53 am

😫 This is so sad! RIP Kate Spade ♠️

2. dawnkinster June 6, 2018 / 9:42 am

The only good that can come of her loss is if the topic of depression becomes easier to talk about. Thank you for sharing and offering to help.

• anhistorianabouttown June 9, 2018 / 8:24 am

I wish that news outlets would have gone that route- I only know a few of the specifics but I didn’t need to know any of them. What we do need to increased awareness, and just be willing to listen!!

3. doodletllc June 6, 2018 / 10:09 am

Kate Spade…Look for the Silver Lining…Yes. She will truly be missed. I am so sorry that perhaps she never knew just how much she will be missed. A beautifully written post. Thank you.

• anhistorianabouttown June 9, 2018 / 8:23 am

Thank you for stopping by! I am hopeful that her family at least knows just how much of a difference she made to so very many people, and that we can continue to raise awareness!!

4. momlifewithchiari June 6, 2018 / 10:58 am

Devastating! May her daughter find some consolation during this very difficult time. 💔🙏🏽

• anhistorianabouttown June 9, 2018 / 8:21 am

I am hopeful for her family that they can be left in piece, and that people will leave the “salacious” details alone!

5. Rifat Yaseen June 7, 2018 / 5:23 am

It broke my heart when I heard about it. I hope more people will come and help others instead of taking mental health for granted. RIP kate spade❤️

• anhistorianabouttown June 9, 2018 / 8:19 am

I know that a lot of people shy away from discussing it because they don’t want to give the wrong information, but all you have to say is, there ARE resources and professionals who can help, and I can listen!