Snapshot- 9 May 2018

Sometimes you just need a nice afternoon out to perk up your week….

Alpha Gamma Delta tea party.jpeg

My mom and I attended the Alpha Gamma Delta Tea Party on Saturday afternoon, and as the Philanthropy Advisor, I am quite proud of what my officer accomplished in such a short amount of time! She put together a lovely afternoon at a local country club to raise money and food for Winnipeg Harvest, the largest food bank in Winnipeg, and even brought in a speaker from the organisation! Overall, it was a great cap off to the week.

What do you have planned for the upcoming weekend?

The Historian

7 thoughts on “Snapshot- 9 May 2018

1. thehomeplaceweb May 9, 2018 / 8:58 am

I have two Victorian tea parties to attend in the next few weeks, one at a museum where they serve the most wonderful rhubarb scones, and one a porch party with lunch and entertainment, so May seems to be the month for tea. Now if only people wore hats!

• anhistorianabouttown May 9, 2018 / 9:00 am

I was the only one wearing a hat, And I was so sad!! I mean, I am a millinery person so I do recognise that I am more interested than others, but it makes me sad that we have become so dressed down as a society!

• lady sarah in london May 10, 2018 / 9:37 am

Why not add them to the dress code? ‘Hats required”, like Ascot? I love wearing hats and we really don’t get enough opportunities, Check my blog out talking of hats…,

• anhistorianabouttown May 10, 2018 / 1:14 pm

I tried to comment but my phone at it, So I’m commenting when I get home on my laptop haha- I have things to say!! And I don’t get why hats can’t be required anymore, I really don’t 😓

• lady sarah in london May 14, 2018 / 2:45 am

I know! They should be compulsory… we are getting new ones for the Royal wedding. Btw did you get a chance to check out my posts on hats?

• anhistorianabouttown May 14, 2018 / 6:25 am

I commented again – please let me know if it worked this time!! I wanted to get a new one but sadly didn’t find one I liked 😓 I have a millinery post going up this week for Style File Friday!!