Snapshot- 28 March 2018

Well, it’s time…

Elliptical Workout Results

I’m back at going to the gym every day at lunch- the last four months have taken an incredible toll on me, physically, and it’s changed quite a bit for me. I’m not as limber, not as flexible, lacking stamina, and pretty much everything else that goes with being in shape. So, I’ve committed to going every day- either running or classes, whatever works with my schedule and my attitude that day. I’m also hoping to reintroduce yoga into my evenings, while Agnes relaxes. (That might be tough until she is a little older…)

When you are going through major life changes, what motivates you to stay active?

10 thoughts on “Snapshot- 28 March 2018

1. zahthinks March 28, 2018 / 1:27 am

Taking out time and going for workout is great. It’s nice you give it priority. I plan going to gym almost all the time but get too lazy to go or even workout at home. 😁

• anhistorianabouttown March 28, 2018 / 6:40 am

That’s why I either go at lunch- I have an hour, and realistically, what else will I do in that time?- or do a YouTube yoga video in the evening! It makes it easier when there actually is no excuse!!

Liked by 2 people

2. anhistorianabouttown March 28, 2018 / 7:35 am

I like to do the ones from Yoga With Adriene! Her channel has hundreds of videos to suit any ability level or mood!!

Liked by 2 people

3. SW March 28, 2018 / 11:01 am

I think the positive effect on my mental health definitely keeps me motivated. Sometimes I don’t feel like going to my dance class, but I’m always glad I’ve been amd feel uplifted by it! Good for you!

• anhistorianabouttown March 30, 2018 / 7:23 am

My problem with my ballet class is that it ends after 10, and in the best of weather with no event traffic (the arena is right beside it), it takes almost 40 minutes to get home. Factor in stretching and showering and I’m not in bed until 1130 when I get up at 530 for my puppy. I would have loved for it to be earlier so I could actually have energy in the class!

4. SimpleSerenity March 28, 2018 / 12:44 pm

I really have to get back into working out, I don’t remember the last time I hit the gym. Congratulations on keeping up your motivation, you’ll get in shape really soon as long as you keep your schedule. xx

5. gemmaorton March 28, 2018 / 1:18 pm

I can’t work out physically, but I find getting out into the fresh air and taking a break from routine motivates me.

6. You Can Always Start Now March 28, 2018 / 6:22 pm

I decided years ago to treat exercise as part of my day not an extra activity to think about but just what I do like eating and sleeping. If this makes sense. Winter months as soon as I get home I change and head down to bike or treadmill. Done. Motto just do it.

7. lifeinkarolingston March 29, 2018 / 6:26 am

It’s amazing feeling do some workout or go for run! 😊