Snapshot- 31 January 2018

I am very much a creature of habit, and while people can make the argument that you should try new things, new things tend to leave me off balance. So, when I stumble upon the perfect routine, I embrace it….

Candle, Book, and Tea.jpeg

My bedtime routine typically involves reading, herbal tea, and my Coal and Canary candles. To many people a $30 candle is normal, but to me it’s pretty decadent and extravagant- my C&C candles are the perfect way to spoil myself (and feel better for supporting a wonderful local business). I usually only read a little bit before bed, because it tends to wake me up rather than calm me down, but it’s nice to get a few pages in.

Sidenote: Has anyone used a $60+ candle, and is it really better than any other candle??

What is your bedtime routine?

The Historian

11 thoughts on “Snapshot- 31 January 2018

1. amindfultravellerblog January 31, 2018 / 4:23 am

I must admit, I’m a sucker for beautiful candles, but the absolute maximum I have spent has been $40. I can’t justify spending more than that, but they are beautiful though. Xx

• anhistorianabouttown January 31, 2018 / 8:14 am

Until I hit something huge (like a milestone birthday or I reach 10,000 followers on the blog), I will stick with my $30 local made candles 😊 I will say, I have noticed a different between soy and beeswax candles!

2. thatblogwherecheriemovestogermany January 31, 2018 / 6:10 am

I can not even imagine spending $60 on a candle. I love candles, but still, I just can’t set $60 on fire…no matter how relaxing or good it smells!

• anhistorianabouttown January 31, 2018 / 8:12 am

One day to celebrate something big, I will get a Jo Malone candle to celebrate. Until then, it’s $30 candles for me!!

3. tahenryauthoress January 31, 2018 / 8:16 am

wow. I can’t imagine spending 60 on a candle. But I can see if that was really your thing, indulging that way. It’s like wine. Other people spend 100s on a bottle, I am happy with my 15-20 range. Which to some people is probably outrageously expensive too. LOL

• anhistorianabouttown January 31, 2018 / 8:18 am

That is very true! I do prefer to buy fewer items of clothing at a higher quality/price point and feel like I’ve made an investment, while others enjoy the thrill of the ultimate bargain!

4. gigglingfattie January 31, 2018 / 8:24 am

I’m starting to get into the routine of reading before bed – I do my blogging in the morning so it’s really the only time I have to read. And I’ve missed reading! Thankfully for me, it’s super relaxing. However, it’s a bad choice when I start to run into “omg just one more chapter!!!” books haha

• anhistorianabouttown February 4, 2018 / 9:23 am

That’s my problem as of late- and then six more “only one more” chapters later, I’m waaaay later going to bed than planned haha! I do most of my writing and preparing the blog on the weekend, and then it’s just sharing/networking during the week when I have spare moments! Blogging at night would certainly keep me wiiiide awake!

5. Hannah February 1, 2018 / 6:15 am

I love a candle and I should use them more but I’m always terrified I’ll forget to blow it out or fall asleep with it on or something!
    It’s interesting that reading wakes you up. I was reading in bed last night and it made me more sleepy

• anhistorianabouttown February 4, 2018 / 9:20 am

I have a set “protocol” for using candles haha- they only go in specific spots, they only burn for so long, and I have an alarm set to blow them out ☺