Cherry Cake Mix Cookies, Make It Monday

Cherry is one of my favourite flavours. Give me Cherry Coke, Cherry Sprite, cherry candy, the list goes on! It is fairly difficult to get your hands on cherry pieces for baking, though, at least here in Canada. So, I decided to go the cake mix cookie route with these. Baking from scratch can be a wonderful stress reliever, but cake mix cookies are a good way to come up with interesting flavours on a short amount of time- plus it is a good way to get into baking if you are new to it!

Cherry Cake Mix Cookies

Many cooks and bakers will pooh pooh at cake mixes, but I think that they certainly have their uses. If you are short on time (or ingredients), or feel like getting creative, you can use them for cookies, fudge, and even milk shakes. You could create these things from scratch, but you may investing far more time and money than it is worth. To use cake mix for cookies, you typically just tweak the standard cake mix recipe to suit the consistency of cookies!

cherry cake mix cookie ingredients

Cherry Cake Mix Cookies

-1 Box of Cherry Cake Mix Cookies
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-2 large eggs

Directions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
2. Completely mix cake mix, oil, and eggs.
3. Leave in refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
4. Drop 1-2″ cookie balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
6. Let cool, enjoy!

Cherry Cake Mix Cookies

Have you used cake mix to get creative in the kitchen? What have you made?

The Historian

13 thoughts on “Cherry Cake Mix Cookies, Make It Monday

1. Hannah January 29, 2018 / 5:24 am

I’ve never even thought that you could do this before! They look great 🙂

2. floatinggold January 29, 2018 / 3:47 pm

great pictures. Easy to follow instructions. Well done.

3. gemmaorton January 31, 2018 / 12:05 pm

This sounds so yum and simple! Thanks, I’m pinning this for later.
    I’ve never used cake mix in this way before, but always looking out for new ideas.

4. Lindsey January 31, 2018 / 12:59 pm

Oh these look good. I’m always looking for easy cookie recipes and I love using cake mix to do it. Love this.

5. katespadegirl February 2, 2018 / 9:54 pm

Pro tip? Use melted unsalted butter instead of oil. It will change your LIFE. 😉
    Cake mix cookies are the bomb. I have an entire cook book for them! Some of my best cookies start with cake mix base. Living on the cusp of high altitude it enables some consistency. 🎊🎉

• katespadegirl February 3, 2018 / 12:16 pm

Yes to both!!! I have the hard copy somewhere but I also downloaded the e-book version, which is more updated!!!