Update

Hello everyone,Β

You may have noticed that I’ve been away lately. I’m not sure when I will be back to the blog, hopefully by the new year. I’m going through my first break up, of an almost five year relationship, and I’m not coping too well. I will do my best to be back soon, but for right now, I’ve got to focus on all of those day to day things that make us people but seem awfully hard to do for me.

Best wishes for you and your families during the holidays,
The Historian

9 thoughts on “Update

1. Sharon E. Cathcart December 15, 2017 / 8:28 am

Thoughts are with you; such situations are difficult and, sadly, necessary at times. Be back when you are able, and be gentle with yourself.

2. Frede December 15, 2017 / 9:01 am

Ooh, I’m so sorry to hear that… And what an awful timing, bless you. I’m sending you my best wishes of recovery and a biiig virtual hug from one Canadian to another!

3. ldr13 December 15, 2017 / 11:45 am

I’m so sorry to hear this. I know a lot about not coping with break ups too well… I also went through a break up after 5 years with someone. I like to think I’d handle it better if it ever happened again but honestly it is debilitating going through heartbreak and I can’t imagine doing it again.
    But you will find happiness again. I know it’s hard to believe at this point. I remember people telling me these things and at the time I didn’t want to live. Now I see that it was a blessing, as the more I distanced myself and looked back the more I realized how toxic it was and how low my self worth had become as a result of that relationship. It took me a long time to see this. But now I am so happy that eventually I came through the other side of that dark place because I’ve seen and done and met so many wonderful people and I’ve found such happiness and self worth. It’s not an easy road. Be kind to yourself on the journey and know that someone will come along who will love you for who you are, but most importantly don’t forget to love yourself first.
    Wishing you so much healing and happiness x

4. Kaitlin Bain December 15, 2017 / 7:48 pm

You got this lady. πŸ™‚ Breakups are hard, but I know you’re going to better than ever on the other side.

5. amindfultravellerblog December 17, 2017 / 4:46 am

Oh lovely, so sorry to hear. It must be such a tough time for you. Time will heal Jess, and in the meantime, thinking of you and sending you big hugs and Christmas wishes.Xx

6. lifeinkarolingston December 17, 2017 / 8:17 am

Have a good Christmas too! Take care! Hmm.. I don’t think there is anything that stranger person my say to another to makes her feel better in situations like this However, just remember that after every storm, sun comes out. Even brighter and shiner than before!