Blogger awards are a wonderful thing- they are a way to let fellow bloggers know that you are thinking about them, and that you appreciate the content that they are putting out. They are also a great way to connect with other bloggers, and get to know those of us behind the keyboard that might not necessarily peep out as often as we should. I hope that enjoy getting to know me a little bit more now!
One Lovely Blog Award
Gary from Fiction is Food has so kindly nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award!! I love this award more than most, because lovely is my favourite adjective to use in 99% of all positive instances. Gary is an extremely talented writer, and a giving blogger- if you are at all interested in writing or reading or blogging, Gary is your man!!
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blogs.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your own post.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
1. I refuse to drink coffee. I do think it smells wonderful, but I absolutely cannot get past the bitter taste! Tea all the way!
2. I mostly have an Instagram account to follow dogs and ballet things. (Westies, unite!) Thankfully, I’ve branched out and discovered so many more accounts now!
3. If there is a book about ballet, I’m probably buying it. And if I’m looking for a book about ballet and a bookshop has a lacking selection, I’m intensely judging them.
4. I’m obsessed with Christmas. It’s taking all of my willpower not to start Blogmas now and bring you endless posts on decor, DIY, and baking! (It’s coming, fair warning to everyone.)
5. In my wise older years, I’m learning how to branch out in what I read. Although I may not fall in love with a genre ever, I’m willing to try a book or two if the right people recommend it!
6. Sometimes when I’m having a really terrible day, wearing fuzzy socks and looking at pictures of dogs on Instagram can save the day. I’m not sure what that says about me, but it can do the trick!
7. Sunday is my blogging day! The majority of my writing and picture taking happens on Sundays. So, if I’m less present, it’s because I’m blogging away 🙂
Erin from Unbound Roots has also very thoughtfully nominated me for another award, the Liebster Award!! The Liebster is a wonderful way to get to know whatever you want to know about someone, as you get to ask the questions 🙂 Erin is a multi-talented woman who can do anything she puts her mind to while simultaneously teaching you something! Gardening, history, travel, it’s all there!!
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
• Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave to you.
• Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award.
• Tell those bloggers you nominated them!
• Create 11 original questions for the next nominees to answer.
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
In January 2015, I was looking for lifestyle bloggers that were at a similar point in their life- starting out their career- and there was very little out there. There are endless numbers of mommy bloggers, college bloggers, travel bloggers, food bloggers, lifestyle bloggers who don’t seem to do anything else, but not many who are young professional women starting out their career. Henceforth, An Historian About Town was born!
2. If you could give a new blogger one tip, what would it be?
Try new things! Don’t be overwhelmed by learning a bit of coding, or trying a new form of social media- the worst thing that happens is that you decide it’s not for you.
3. When is your favorite time to write and why?
Sundays! I write 80-90% of my posts on Sundays- I don’t write day before (because I publish at 1am) in most cases, because I can’t guarantee that I will be home the night before to get my post up. I can drink tea, and alternate between writing/editing/photo-ing with yoga, reading, and any errands I might have!
5. What is your favorite book of all time?
Oooooo, this is difficult. A three way tie between Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, and The Book of Tomorrow (Cecelia Ahern)!
6. Would you rather go dancing in the cities, take a hike, or read a book at home?
… Read a book in the cities?
7. Where would you go on your ultimate dream vacation?
On a ballet tour of London (with backstage access)!!
8. If you could pick a color to represent your blog, what colour would it be and why?
Red, because it’s my favourite colour and most present in my wardrobe. However, I found it didn’t fit with my current theme and the images that I wanted to use, so I chose a royal blue, also a good fit!
9. What is your favorite food?
Steak. Or raspberries. Or tater tots.
10. Which post has been your most popular post since you started blogging (feel free to leave the link)?
Sadly, Retail vs. Outlet. Almost nine thousand views, and it leads to NO follow up traffic. I’ve made related posts that are similar in topic and hopefully as helpful (linked within it), and literally nothing. I keep considering taking it down. Bloggers, do you have any posts like this??
I’m going to be a terrible blogger, and not tag anyone for these, simply because only a handful of people seem to respond and I am continuously tagging them. However, if you would like to answer of the questions or share some facts about you below, I would love to hear them!
What’s the number one thing you want people to know about you?