The Secret of Comfort Clothes, Style File Friday

I think that we are all very familiar with comfort food- you’ve had a terrible day and you just want something that reminds you of warmth and cosiness and everything that’s good in your life. Well, I firmly believe that that isn’t limited to food- we all have comfort clothes that are there for us when we need them most. Maybe you’ve never thought of it, so hopefully this will help you when you need- time for comfort clothes!

The Secret ofComfort Clothes

By comfort clothes, I don’t necessarily mean a comfortable pair of sweats- I mean something that you can wear wherever you are that offers you a little bit of comfort and mental help. I am not great at coping with things, so I usually need any help that I can get- having something familiar and comforting when I’m not doing too well. For some people, it’s a piece of clothing that something fantastic happened in, for other people, it’s something that is physically comfortable, and for others, it was something that is given to you by someone special.

Lord and Taylor Plaid Scarf, Comfort Clothes

For me, it is a Lord and Taylor plaid scarf that I received from my parents for Christmas last year. Christmas is inherently a happy and wonderful time for me, and anything that is related to Christmas makes me happy. Although it’s just a scarf and it doesn’t magically fix whatever is going on, it’s kind of like my own security blanket that I can carry with me wherever I am (literally a blanket, because it’s a blanket scarf…). Sometimes I may look a little weird because it’s warmer out and I’ve got this huge blanket scarf with me but if it’s going to help you feel that little bit better it’s worth looking a little out of place.

I think that a lot of us feel like we have to be superheroes and deal with anything that might come our way without so much as a skipped beat or double take, but sometimes things happen and we need a little help. Embrace the comfort!!

What is your favourite piece of comfort clothing??ย

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovinโ€™

10 thoughts on “The Secret of Comfort Clothes, Style File Friday

1. tahenryauthoress September 22, 2017 / 10:02 am

I have this dress that people always compliment me in. If I can, I wear that for oomph. Sadly it’s a sun dress and where I live we get about 2 months of summer. Lol

• anhistorianabouttown September 27, 2017 / 8:12 am

I need to put more time into my summer wardrobe- our summer is really only July and August, and because of that I don’t put much time or money into it. I need to invest!!

2. josypheen September 22, 2017 / 12:15 pm

Mine is a dress that I bought in Germay. It is soo warm and snuggly and I can eat a massive lunch without my belly showing up! Comfort plus the ability to comfort eat!!
    The only bad thing is it has reindeer and snowflakes on the pattern, so I feel like I can only wear it once it is officially winter!

• josypheen September 22, 2017 / 12:16 pm

Oops Germay!? I mean Germany!

• anhistorianabouttown September 27, 2017 / 8:13 am

… I totally don’t wear Christmas sweaters from like September to February ๐Ÿ‘€ Please post a picture!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• josypheen September 27, 2017 / 10:27 am

Okay! I will as soon as I get it out.
        I have amaaaazing shoes with reindeer on too.

3. gemmaorton September 24, 2017 / 3:49 pm

That looks like a great scarf/blanket! I donโ€™t have any sentimental clothing as such. However I do love cosy scarfs and jumpers, not just because they are soft and comfortable, but because I feel protected and wrapped up, comforted.

• anhistorianabouttown September 24, 2017 / 10:51 am

I’m getting ready to grab this scarf and a comfy sweater right now because I have to head out into the rain, And it makes such a difference to feel protected and comforted!! ๐Ÿ˜Š