Quick Question, 30 May 2017

Welcome back for another Quick Question! These are fun questions that let you get to know me and let me learn something about you, my wonderful reader. Feel free to respond in the comments here, or tweet your answer at me @anhistorianblog. Today’s question is all about birthdays!

QuickQuestion

After my nephew’s second birthday party, I started thinking: if you could have any kind of cake or dessert for your birthday, with price/labour not an issue, what kind of cake would you reach for? I think I’m going to have go with a Tia Maria Torte, which is alternating layers of chocolate chip cookies that have been dipped in Tia Maria liqueur and whipped cream. It is fairly expensive to make if you don’t have Tia Maria on hand, but it’s totally worth it!!

Root beer float pie.jpg

What is your go-to birthday dessert?

10 thoughts on “Quick Question, 30 May 2017

1. Frede May 30, 2017 / 3:30 am

It’s fairly simple but my favourite dessert is thta melt-in-the-middle chocolate lava cake thing, with a side of vanilla ice cream – even hough I’m not supposed to eat dairy… Mmmm!

• Frede May 31, 2017 / 9:00 am

Pinterest is full of this recipe… 😉

2. tahenryauthoress May 30, 2017 / 10:04 am

Are we assuming I am heinously cheating on the super clean diet I normally eat? LOL.
    Princess Cake. It’s this big puffy lemon cake with raspberries and cream cheese frosting, all covered in marzipan.

• tahenryauthoress May 31, 2017 / 8:42 am

nodding. their tarts balance each other, it’s a weird chemistry thing. The cream cheese frosting super helps of course. LOL.

3. SickChristine May 30, 2017 / 12:59 pm

I’m a simpleton. A basic vanilla layer cake from our local grocery store bakery. The frosting, my lord, the frosting!

• anhistorianabouttown May 31, 2017 / 8:14 am

I love those simple cakes from the grocery store- the icing is smooth and the cake is good old fashioned cake! And now I want to make a stop on the way home from work… 🤔

4. Kali Borovic May 31, 2017 / 7:24 am

Can I say a big sushi cake? Bc that sounds way better to me than any dessert haha xx.