Quick Question, Vol VI.

If you are lucky like me, you may have a long weekend with Good Friday off! If you are unlucky like me, you may live somewhere where spring doesn’t emerge until late May when they clear the sand and dirt from the roads and boulevards after the snow is gone for good. In either case, now is the time for cheerful entertainment!

My question for you today: what is your favourite musical? New, or old, what draws you in?

Funny Face is without a doubt one of my favourite musicals and movies. Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn is still my dream team!

No matter what kind of day or week I’ve had, I can sing along (terribly) to Funny Face and everything is instantly better!

So, what is your favourite musical to sing along with?

9 thoughts on “Quick Question, Vol VI.

1. Katelynne April 11, 2017 / 12:23 pm

My favourite is definitely My Fair Lady! It’s so fun and cheers me right up, no matter what kind of day I’m having! 🙂

2. Trula Marie April 11, 2017 / 11:03 pm

Cats, Phantom of the Opera, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, Les Misérables, Wicked…. You can’t ask a theatre nerd to pick just one. LOL But definitely my absolute favorite is Mamma Mia! if only because I know too many ABBA songs and can sing along with them effortlessly because I know all the words.

• anhistorianabouttown April 12, 2017 / 8:07 am

Mamma Mia is just so much FUN- even the most cynical and angry hipster will find themselves singing along!! Why there isn’t a follow up musical, I will never know- ABBA is a goldmine and they only scratched the surface!

• Trula Marie April 12, 2017 / 8:39 am

Maybe one day. It took Andrew /years/ to come up with the sequel for Phantom. Love Never Dies kills me, both vocally and emotionally.

3. namasteinscrubs April 12, 2017 / 8:00 am

Wicked will forever be my favorite Broadway musical. I can watch it over & over and never grow tired of it!

4. Charlotte Graham April 16, 2017 / 6:52 pm

I am a huge musical theatre fan, as I grew up in a family that was very active in the performing arts world, so I have had some awesome opportunities to see a lot of shows. If I had to pick a few favorites, I would say most anything by Andrew Lloyd Weber (but mostly Cats!), The Sound of Music, and The Lion King.