Quick Question, 4 April 2017

Hello all! I’ve recently discovered Thirteen Reasons  Why on Netflix, and its fantastic. It normally isn’t my flavour of cake, a suicide related teen drama, but this builds characters so slowly and cleverly that I find myself constantly wanting to watch the next episode. What this has led me to realise is: I’m not terribly familiar with original Netflix shows.

5c01d2380dfec02922f96e39d1d6523dVia Pinterest

So, no beating around the bush with today’s questions: what are your favourite Netflix shows and why? I’m open to all suggestions!!

18 thoughts on “Quick Question, 4 April 2017

1. Trula Marie April 4, 2017 / 1:01 am

It’s not Netflix sadly but I’m totally addicted to Amazon Prime’s “The Man in the High Castle”. I have a thing for anything WWII related for some reason so it’s based on the idea that we lost the war to the Germans and Chinese. I still need to get caught up on it.

• anhistorianabouttown April 8, 2017 / 9:28 pm

Unfortunately, Amazon Prime video only became available in Canada in January and we have a much reduced library. However, TMitHC looks amazing enough that I may get the one month trial to watch it!!

• anhistorianabouttown April 8, 2017 / 9:29 pm

I loved The Crown, I might be on my fourth watch 😊 I read all ASoUE as a kid, and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to chance it being ruined. However, the reviews have been great and I need to get watching!!

2. stephieann8 April 4, 2017 / 9:22 am

I loved Stranger Things!

Also when I first read that book I hated it. I thought to myself that the protagonist was not nice to call out all these people and essentially blame them for her deciding to kill herself. Some would view that as emotionally abusing. I had an ex threaten to kill himself because I didn’t want to be with him. You cannot force someone to want to be with you! Anyway I digress. I just didn’t see the whole appeal of the drama. Maybe I need to reread it. My opinions have been changing on some aspects of life.

• anhistorianabouttown April 8, 2017 / 9:31 pm

By the end, I have to agree. I was never sure how I felt about Hannah. Without spoilers, I think that there were a few people that directly were, and some not at all, and she is holding them hostage, so to speak. Still, I couldn’t stop watching so I suppose they did their job!

3. Katelynne April 4, 2017 / 10:23 am

Oh I’ve been meaning to watch this!! I didn’t realise it was already out! I really enjoyed the book, although it’s been a long time since I’ve read it!

I loved Stranger Things!! I enjoyed the story, the characters, and the soundtrack was phenomenal!

• anhistorianabouttown April 8, 2017 / 9:34 pm

I’m going back and forth on reading the book now that I’ve seen the series. I might wait until I’ve read a few more comparisons!

4. kellynotkatie April 4, 2017 / 1:06 pm

Stranger Things for sure!!! The new season doesn’t come out till the fall, so you still have plenty of time to watch!

5. fattymccupcakes April 5, 2017 / 1:33 pm

Orange is the New Black and Stranger Things! I am also with Stephie, I loved The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt!

• anhistorianabouttown April 8, 2017 / 9:33 pm

Kimmy Schmidt was a lot of fun! I preferred the first season to the second but I’m interested to see where the third goes. Ellie Kemper is so much fun to watch, you have to smile!

• anhistorianabouttown April 8, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Also, I won’t lie- I didn’t love season three or four 😓 The book it is based on is a great read, but it feels like it’s being dragged out for me now. I’m hoping if it picks up the piece I will be back in!

6. anhistorianabouttown April 8, 2017 / 9:32 pm

To everyone: Stranger Things is on the list! I’m not a paranormal fan by any stretch BUT so many of you have recommended it, I will be watching!