The very wonderful Charlotte has nominated me to travel back in time and bring back my very post on the blog! At first I had a slight panic attack- I don’t think that any of us really love going back to the beginnings of our blogs, when we knew nothing and tried out everything and blogged a million times a day. (I’m guilty of that in the first few months, without a doubt- why did I think that people would come to a blog three different times in the same day?!?) So, without any further waiting, here are my beginnings….
Welcome to my blog! I am an historian from the prairies of Canada. I completed a Master of Arts in Ireland, and now I am back working at home! This blog will be a compendium of my thoughts, musings, and trials through the world. Some basic things about me that will probably show up in my blog:
1. My research mainly lays in medieval Ireland, but I am interested in most medieval and early modern topics! Although I’m not currently in school, I do still like to continue my research and readings. I have been involved with ballet for most of my life, and I am now researching the four Royal Ballet companies in the Commonwealth.
2. My boyfriend lives down in Salt Lake City, so we fly back and forth as much as we can! We also meet up in other cities. We met in Ireland in the same program.
3. I read a great deal, typically 60+ books a year, so there may be a book review here and there.
4. I am an alumna of Alpha Gamma Delta Fraternity, and the Order of Omega. I am the president of the Junior Circle chapter for young alum here.
5. I thoroughly enjoy cooking and baking, so I like to try to new recipes as often as I can. I also typically drink 5-7 days of tea of day.
6. I like to travel as much as possible, and I like to do throwbacks.
Here’s to 2015!
Turns out that it wasn’t as bad as I thought, and most of it is eerily still true… M is now in Seattle instead of Salt Lake City but it’s all the same otherwise. However, I feel like I am more confident in myself, and I’m happy to say, this blog has really helped me put myself out there and try new things! Recipes, events, exercise, DIY, I am much better at jumping into new experiences and sharing those with you.
People I would love to see do this? As per the rules of this post, if you don’t like it you could threaten me with a plague of ladybugs but I’m terrified of bugs and I would really appreciate a plague of not-bugs if you are so willing to help me out with that… Also, shout out to Fatty McCupcakes for getting this going- this is a fantastic tag!
What is the biggest change from the beginning of your blog to now? And if I didn’t tag you but you want to do it anyhoo, link me below!