Quick Question, March 14, 2017

Hello all! I’ve got to say, I’m loving these quick question posts. You get to know some of my quirks, I get some fantastic advice and recommendations, and hopefully we all come away with a smile ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyhoo, I have a practical question to ask this week!

I’m still working on improving my health and fitness, and along with that comes my diet and food. I’m not overly creative with my snacks, they are typically 6-8 multigrain crackers with cheese, a little bit of shelled sunflower seeds, or my new favourite, banana with peanut butter.

So, what are you favourite snacks that are healthy AND easy? Bonus points if it can be prepared in under 2 minutes! ย I pack these up and take them to work or to eat while I’m warming up for dance, so portable is a must. I really wasn’t expecting to like banana and peanut butter (I’m really not a peanut butter fan), but it’s actually quite filling- more so than some actual meals I eat. I am all for unexpected combos and things that are out of the ordinary! Thank you in advance, dear readers ๐Ÿ™‚

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovinโ€™

14 thoughts on “Quick Question, March 14, 2017

1. hannahcole93 March 14, 2017 / 2:56 am

Low fat yoghurt with banana/dried fruit.
    I make my own granola bars at home too which are good.
    Other than those I tend to go for cherry tomatoes/cucumber sticks/pepper slices/carrot sticks

• anhistorianabouttown March 14, 2017 / 8:52 pm

I don’t like yogurt but I know it’s good for you!! I need to get back into it. And pepper slices would be the perfect addition to my veggies!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

2. namasteinscrubs March 14, 2017 / 10:57 am

Try pistachios! They’re packed with protein and fill you up.

3. Trula Marie March 14, 2017 / 1:22 pm

It never hurts to try tossing some meat in there. My go to is usually turkey or summer sausage with some cheese and crackers. It’s a great snack but it also takes care of that snack craving!

• Trula Marie March 14, 2017 / 8:57 pm

The summer sausage is good too. I need to actually make a note somewhere to get some next grocery shopping trip.

4. Charlotte Graham March 14, 2017 / 8:52 pm

I like to take one of those small plastic food containers (the kind that are super cheap and can be washed and reused, but are kind of flimsy at the same time) and stuff it with some chopped celery and a heaping spoonful of hummus. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Charlotte Graham March 14, 2017 / 8:59 pm

It’s not quite as quick as hummus, but i also love stirring some ranch seasoning into a small tub of plain Greek yogurt, and using that as a dipping sauce for raw celery. It’s packed with protein!

• Charlotte Graham March 17, 2017 / 7:15 pm

Oh! I just thought of another portable snack I love: red grapes and a slice of cheese!