Quick Question Tuesday

Back again with another quick question! I’m trying my hardest to get back into my exercise groove and while some days I have less motivation than others, I’m still getting to the gym and to my yoga mat and putting in the hours. Running, Zumba, yoga, and ballet are keeping me moving right now.However, I’m always looking for more ideas, which leads me to my quick question of the day…

What do-at-home exercises and videos do you like to do? What makes you get up away from your computer and book and keep the blood pumping at home? These are some of the videos that are currently in my rotation:

This particular video from the Fitness Marshall is a super intense cardio workout but it keeps me smiling and laughing throughout! I usually pair it with 7-9 other FM videos.

Adriene’s workouts are on the calmer side, which is sometimes fantastic when you have had a ridiculously stressful week. She has yoga for EVERYTHING, illnesses and injuries to balance out running and weight work- something for everyone!

If you want aΒ workout, Erica Vetra’s yoga sequences are the way to go! It is challenging and can be quite difficult but at the end of it, you always feel like you’ve worked your hardest.

So, please link me to videos and home workouts that you do- I’m always looking for something new and interesting! Any movement is better than no movement, or at least that is what I tell myself πŸ™‚Β

7 thoughts on “Quick Question Tuesday

1. stephieann8 March 7, 2017 / 9:37 am

I have no videos to share but I am going to look into yours. I just started being consistent with yoga but sometimes I feel lazy to leave the house and go to the gym.

• anhistorianabouttown March 7, 2017 / 4:17 pm

I live out of the city, so I’m not going back in for the gym. I do go to the gym at lunch, but I can usually convince myself to do a 20 minute video. I find my upper limit with yoga is 45 minutes if I’m pushing myself, and most classes are an hour to ninety minutes 😦 Home workouts help!

2. fattymccupcakes March 7, 2017 / 3:59 pm

I have SUCH a hard time committing to doing videos at home. I always have to go to a class to make myself not be a lazy sloth. I will look into these, though!

• anhistorianabouttown March 7, 2017 / 5:53 pm

That’s totally fair! If I’m feeling realllllly lazy I make myself do a Netflix workout- I have different sets for different shows. The Crown? A two minute plank every time Elizabeth tells Philip no, twenty sit-ups every time Margaret is inappropriate, etc. It’s lazy AND active 😎

• fattymccupcakes March 7, 2017 / 7:16 pm

OMG. That’s hilariously genius πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

3. Charlotte Graham March 7, 2017 / 7:51 pm

I don’t know if I can find a free video on YouTube, but we’ve started doing P90 videos and love them!