Quick Question, Saturday

After seeing Love Lies Bleeding, a joint production between the Royal Winnipeg Ballet and Alberta Ballet about the lif of Elton John, I was reminded of the bar scene in 27 Dresses. Benny and the Jets, anyone??

So, what’s your favourite sing-along song? Let’s move past your Journey and your Kansas and Billy Idol that we all sing and share your favourite belt along in the car no matter who is watching song! It’s Gonna Be Me, an NSync classic, may occupy a fairly high place on my Most Frequently Played playlist…

Hey, Mr. DJ from the Sabrina the Teenage Witch soundtrack album is an under-rated Backstreet Boys song that I think should be in all of our catalogues!

I wish that Never Give Up On the Good Times was played more often- it’s upbeat, it’s fun, and it’s not about a bad relationship! Realistically it doesn’t take a crazy amount of talent to sing this (for us vocally challenged folks), and we are always looking for more jazz flute, right?

So, hit me with your best songs!! What can you always jam out to?

8 thoughts on “Quick Question, Saturday

1. Charlotte Graham March 4, 2017 / 7:11 am

Oh gosh, where do I even begin?? I’m a huge lover of pick-me-up pop songs to jam out to and relive an old memory. You mentioned some great ones, as well as some I wasn’t familiar with. I was always a devoted N*Sync girl and felt neutrally about BSB. You might be too young to remember them, but I was on the young end (~9 years old) of the fan base for Ace of Base, a Swedish pop group with lyrics that made very little sense. I can still jam out to their hit song “The Sign” even today.

• anhistorianabouttown March 4, 2017 / 8:04 am

I may have been singing The Sign while I drove home last night!!! And I was totally an NSync girl!! That BSB song only makes the cut because of Sabrina- how do you even touch Justin and the boys?? I’m still hoping that we get an NSync reunion tour, BSB has been touring for YEARS!

• Charlotte Graham March 4, 2017 / 8:19 am

Me too!! Confession: Lance Bass was always my favorite. Not that I don’t love JT, but I felt like Lance was way cuter. I also love that Lance has really embraced his coming out and lives his life with pride. 🙂

• anhistorianabouttown March 4, 2017 / 8:27 am

I was truly a JC fan, I felt like he always got left behind 😦 Lance is doing so well!! Except I’m sad about the no going to space thing for him!

• Charlotte Graham March 4, 2017 / 8:43 am

JC did often get left behind, you’re right! I think Joey Fatone was always my least favorite. I mean, I loved them all. But I felt his dance moves were the weakest, and I found that distracting.

2. Trula Marie March 4, 2017 / 11:16 am

My absolute favorite sing along is always going to be New Kids on the Block’s You Got It (Right Stuff).

But there’s always singing along with their song The Remix, Backstreet Boys Backstreet’s Back or Larger Than Life…

But there’s always the musicals too. Start playing Phantom or Love Never Dies and I will sing EVERY word. Wicked is no exception either.

• anhistorianabouttown March 4, 2017 / 12:43 pm

Step By Step is a CLASSIC, and NKOTB should still be a household name, in my opinion!!
      I’m all about Aida currently for musicals! I also love the Sound of Music- it’s a spring movie/musical for me, so I’ve been listening in preparation. Sometimes you just have to live someone else’s dramatic life!!