Quick Question Tuesday

I’ve decided Tuesdays and Saturdays will be mini posts, either a quick picture or question! It’ll either give you a glimpse into my life, or me a glimpse into your life, and hopefully provide a little brightness in your day! So, quick question of the day?

Which early 2000s movie could you not stop watching?

For me it’s got to be Center Stage, Bring It OnGet Over It, or Josie and the Pussycats– sure, they might be fluff but pure escapism is nothing to be scoffed at. Also, a fantastic pop-filled soundtrack does wonders for causing addiction… For your enjoyment:

Let me know in the comments what your favourite early 2000s movie is!

25 thoughts on “Quick Question Tuesday

1. jadedminefields February 21, 2017 / 2:06 am

YESS!! Center Stage and Bring It On are some of my absolute faves! As well as the Save the Last Dance, Princess Diaries and A Walk to Remember ❤ ❤ I miss the days of truly feel good movies, they just don't make them like that anymore xx

• anhistorianabouttown February 21, 2017 / 8:09 am

PRINCESS DIARIES!! I was *obsessed* with the movie and books for YEARS. And I remember a solid two year chunk at my dance studio where everyone wore coloured cargo pants for everything haha

• jadedminefields February 22, 2017 / 3:28 am

I loved the books! I’m pretty sure I asked to be called Mia at some point! hahaha

2. hannahcole93 February 21, 2017 / 3:13 am

I don’t think I can pick one, but Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc 😀

3. Cheila February 21, 2017 / 7:57 am

I can only thing about The Notebook, which I think is 2004, so not really so early 2000’s. But I love it so much

4. Blair (The Shameful Sheep) February 21, 2017 / 8:07 am

Ohhh, I have a few. Does 2004 count? I LOVED ’13 Going On 30′ Movie still makes me die of laughter. Also, HELLO ‘Mean Girls!’ And my husband and I both love the movie ‘The Girl Next Door.’ Every time it’s on TV we rewatch it ha. That was such a good time frame for movies. Much better than now, sadly.

• anhistorianabouttown February 21, 2017 / 8:26 am

2004 for sure does count!! Mean Girls is a classic now, I think we can all agree at this point. The quotability is off the charts!! And 13 Going On 30 is such a feel good movie!

5. fattymccupcakes February 21, 2017 / 10:07 am

I totally am with Blair- I was obsessed with 13 Going on 30 and Mean Girls. Also, is Love Actually early 2000’s?? I am still obsessed with that one!

6. thequirkyquaintrelle February 21, 2017 / 12:43 pm

I second the votes for Bring it On, Mean Girls & Love Actually even though I am well outside of the age demographic for the first two! Two others that will always make me watch if I stumble upon them are An Ideal Husband (1999, cheating a little I know) and The Importance of Being Earnest. Oscar Wilde’s wit, period costumes and great casts!

• anhistorianabouttown February 21, 2017 / 1:46 pm

I haven’t seen An Ideal Husband but that is on my to-watch list now! Also, TIoBE is wonderful in any form, and I think that the movie iteration is so entertaining! It really dispels the notion that classic literature is unapproachable!

• thequirkyquaintrelle February 21, 2017 / 2:03 pm

I agree! So many people are intimidated by reading things like Jane Austen because it takes a little while to pick up the language, but watch a film adaption of any of her works and you immediately realize how funny she was. She was skewering the rules and mores of her time. Same with Wilde. If you do like Ideal Husband and Earnest, also check out A Good Woman (also based on Wilde) and Easy Virtue (based on a Noel Coward)

7. JESS @PT CONTENDER February 21, 2017 / 11:57 pm

I loved/still love Bring it On!!! Literally every time I hear the name ‘Whitney’ I’m like wa-wa-wa-whitneyyy loll & then I have to tell them what I’m talking about.. it’s the best ever :))

8. Katelynne February 23, 2017 / 5:12 pm

A little off-topic, but I was like obsessed with Josie and the Pussycats soundtrack!! Still am a bit, tbh. And I can’t even remember the movie – just the soundtrack!

• anhistorianabouttown February 25, 2017 / 10:28 pm

Such a classic movie, and what a soundtrack!! Three Small Words, you are still an anthem