Weekend Coffee Share, Dec 23, 2016

I’ve decided that I’m going to start taking part in the Weekend Coffee Share, a post to let you know what is going on with me without necessarily writing a full post on everything. A chance to get to know the blogger behind the words, if you will. Someone suggested it to me in a bullet journal group that I’m in and after reading a few of the posts, I think it’s a wonderful idea. I think for the first little while, my Weekend Coffee Share’s will be on Fridays!

relaxation.png

If we were sharing some tea, I would tell you that I’m exhausted at work. It’s so busy with people off for different reasons, but it is draining to be the ones carrying on. I feel like I’m not making a difference for anyone, and I hate that. I’m hoping that I feel energised and effective again after the break. I’m also not loosing as much weight as I would like- realistically, the exercise that I’m doing isn’t enough to balance out my holiday eating. However, I’m proud that I’m exercising regardless. I need to get back into stride, and running, yoga, and zumba almost every day is making a difference in my energy.

Also, it sounds ridiculous, but I’m finding that bullet journaling is really making a difference- having a creative outlet really gives me energy. I joined a bullet journal group on Facebook and while I feel like I have nothing to contribute, I love to see the spreads and pages from everyone else! I don’t really have much in the way of art and doodling in my own journal, but maybe I will work up to that eventually. Bullet journallers, do you keep your bu-jo all business or do you indulge in the creative aspects of it?

I’ve made a separate journal for my blog. I will probably still have blog related items in my every day bullet journal but at that will keep everything in one place. Chrissey from Unabridged Sass and I were chatting yesterday about blog views and traffic- overall, it seems like there is less blog traffic and visitors. I’m hoping that it is because of the holidays and people being busy, but I’m going to use this as an opportunity to reinvigorate the blog and come up with some new and fresh ideas! If there is anything you would like to see, please let me know down below! (Same for things you don’t want to see…)

Winnipeg is supposed to get hit with a huge blizzard on December 25 and 26- I am due to fly out early on the 26th. I’m a little worried but at the same time, nothing can be done about it! I’m going to finish up my packing today and then focus on Christmas Eve and Day. I go to see M enough that I have a pretty good system down, I have most things that I need and I’ve bought the few things I needed. I’m proud that I’m a seasoned and regular traveller.

What’s on your mind lately? Please feel free to share below- one of my goals for 2017 is to get to know my readers more!

7 thoughts on “Weekend Coffee Share, Dec 23, 2016

1. Colline December 24, 2016 / 8:55 am

Welcome to the Coffee Share. I have found that it is a great community to be a part of.

2. Pamela Morse December 24, 2016 / 11:10 am

The bullet journal is such a great concept. I think in 2017 I need to incorporate some of that, and try flash fiction as well to expand my skills. You will be pleased to keep the exercise habit going, because you will not need to start from scratch..it will pay off. I wish you happy holiday weekend.

• anhistorianabouttown December 24, 2016 / 9:14 pm

Thank you! I hope that you have a lovely weekend, as well! I love the flexibility of bullet journals, and that you can literally include everything and anything you need to. I’m just trying to remind myself at this busy time to keep moving, even though sitting on the couch is my first instinct!

3. bettylouise31 December 24, 2016 / 2:45 pm

Welcome to Coffee ☕share. I have enjoyed meeting my friends for a weekly get together. I don’t have Facebook account so what is a bullet journal? My views are done and I am wondering why.

• anhistorianabouttown December 24, 2016 / 9:16 pm

Bullet journals are a type of planner that you design and and mold to what you need. The dot/grid model makes it very easy to draw outlines and keep it streamlined!

4. Rowena December 26, 2016 / 7:48 am

Welcome to Weekend Coffee Share. I’ve been doing this for at least a a year now and love it. I’m made some good friends and it’s a great format to share what’s been going on through my week and also to document is for myself.
    I love writing flash fiction and participate at Friday Fictioneers and Carrot Ranch.
    I’ve never tried bullet journalling. I have used mind-mapping which might be similar. I am needing to be more structured next year.
    I am currently writing my Christmas Newsletter and going through my photos to produce a best of 2016 file. I’ve almost finished the master file but it will require heavy editing.Going through all these photos has been an excellent memory jog, bringing me so much pleasure.
    Hope you have a wonderful year in 2017.
    xx Rowena