This has been a trying and difficult summer, winter, and fall for me. Without going into any detail, it seems that if something could go wrong, it did. Things just fell or drifted apart, life threw more curveballs, and it really got to me. While sometimes I found it tough to get it together to write for the blog and keep up with all of it, it was the blogging community that really kept me going!
To have Chrissey of Unabridged Sass nominate me for a Liebster Award, well, it’s incredibly meaningful to me! She is a fast-growing blog that I couldn’t love more, and I know that she is going to be huge in the blogging community in 2017. A huge, massive thank you to Chrissey for the nomination!
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
• Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave to you.
• Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award.
• Tell those bloggers you nominated them!
• Create 11 original questions for the next nominees to answer.
- If you were to write a book, what would the title of it be?
I’m Not Short, You’re Weirdly Tall: A Guide to Twenty First Century Etiquette.
- Who is your blogger inspiration?
It’s got to be Fran of Franish and Ashley of History in High Heels! Both are working professionals who also maintain what I would call a realistic blog- not simply continual product placements but real life posts.
- If you were to blog about anything (besides the topic that you currently blog about), what would it be?
If I can gain a skill set to go with this new topic, I would be a photo blogger, probably travel photography. (Let’s also assume that I have money to endlessly travel to take said photos….)
- If you had to rename your blog, what would it be called?
Get to the Pointe (it’s a ballet pun…)
- What is your least favorite food?
This is a loaded question, I am quite the picky eater. Seafood, sauerkraut, and pork are top of the list…
- What is the coolest place that you have ever traveled?
The Rock of Cashel (in Tipperary, Ireland)- when you study Early Ireland, this is the place to visit if you have the chance. Also, Kensington Palace is possibly my favourite place on earth- over three centuries of royal history in one palace and a beautiful park? Very cool.
- What blog do you think deserves more recognition than it currently has?
Other than the Unabridged Sass (which I daresay will explode in 2017), I would have to say New England Classic Beauty! Monica’s posts are exciting and fun, and always have gorgeous photos.
- What is your favourite movie?
Beauty and the Beast- the original. I still can’t say that I will see the remake coming out in 2017…
- What is your dream career?
If I had the body for it, I would have continued on past my vocational exams and into professional ballet. I knew from a young age that I didn’t, though! If I had the money for it, a professor of history. Unfortunately, I don’t have the money to pay for a PhD, and there are scant jobs in the field. However, I pursue both on my own and I still love both!
- How different do you think your life would be if you never started blogging?
I think I would be lonelier, to be honest. I have quite a few friends but I often get quiet and secluded. I don’t love going out or staying out much past 9 (I have a long commute home after), and that often separates me. While it’s my choice, it’s still a little tough. Blogging gives me a community that is there twenty four hours a day, full of unique and supportive people who are always willing to keep you company!
- What is your favorite animal?
A tie between a moose and a Westie!
1. What animals would your patronus be?
2. How do you feel about ketchup?
3. If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. What is the number one quality you look for in a friend?
5. What is the first blog you remember reading?
6. What was the last book that you read and what did you think of it?
7. Do you believe in the power of Netflixing for a day?
8. If you could volunteer with any organisation, which would it be?
9. Favourite emoji?
10. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be and why?
11. What do you want your blog to accomplish in 2017?