I have deviated from my summer of recipes this week- the London Fog Earl Grey Tea Cake will be pushed later in the summer, I’m going to make it on a weekend when we are having family over so that I have more people to try it! I am trying to amp up my lunch, and change up what I’m eating every day, especially given that I’m bringing dinner, as well, two days a week. My friend Katelynne told me that she just throws pasta salad together, and I figured that I would give it a shot!
I’m not going to lie, I didn’t really look up how to make a pasta salad, I asked Katelynne a few questions and went for it!
-3 cups of pasta, any pasta
-1/4 of a large green pepper
-1/3 of a large English cucumber
-1/2 of a large tomato
-1/3 cup of Oil and Vinegar dressing
1. Boil pasta until it is cooked, and divide into tupperware containers (or put into bowl).
2. Dice peppers, cucumbers, and tomato and put into lightly oiled frying pan.
3. Fry vegetables until cooked, roughly 5 minutes.
4. Dump vegetable into the cooled pasta.
5. Mix dressing into pasta and veggies.
6. Eat to your heart’s content!
I am super proud of this recipe, it is simple but delicious. According to after the fact Googling, you should not mix vinegar and oil dressing until you are about to eat- the vinegar will eat away at the pasta. I find that usually when I do make up my own recipes, there isn’t a lot of measuring involved. It’s more of a “throw things in a pan/pot/dish and see what happens”. Maybe I should try to do more of an exact recipe next time….
What is your go-to lunch? Any recommendations?