Thank you, thank you, thank you to (Over)Analysing Literature, for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award!! It is lovely to meet and interact with other new blogs, and to know that people are recognising you 🙂 Without further adieu:
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
How My Blog Started
I have one of the most uninteresting blogger beginning stories- I was reading through my list of blogs that I check every few days, and figured, maybe I should start one! Although it is more difficult to host a lifestyle, I spent hours and hours looking for a blog that truly encompasses a number of areas. Not just one or two, but four, five, six, areas- because that is how life actually works! Now, I am not 100% sure that I am entirely successful in my attempt, thus far, but I’m enjoying the journey!
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Write about what YOU want to write about. Say you wrote one offhand piece about spring cleaning, and that post was a huge hit, but you didn’t really enjoy writing it. Don’t continue to write pieces on cleaning and organising if you don’t enjoy it only for the numbers. My Fraternity Friday posts aren’t hugely popular, I understand that not every cares about Greek alumnae. However, I like writing them! And so they exist 🙂
- Don’t be afraid to comment on bigger blogs! I was worried at first, would they actually read them, would people think I was weird, would it negatively affect my own blog? Eh, who cares! I have found a new book, a new store, a new recipe all from taking a few moments to write a question on a blog. The worst thing that could happen is that they don’t reply! (Which happens a lot- don’t take it personally!)
Thank you again, to (Over)Analysing Literature for nominating me for this award!! It is more than appreciated, and I loved reading your own answers. I think that there is something to be said for people who don’t blog full-time- there are millions of bloggers who produce wonderful posts that can’t devote entire days to it, and I think that awards like these are fantastic for highlighting new bloggers!
Only because I’ve recently done a few other awards, I won’t list specific blogs! However, I would love to hear people’s advice to new bloggers!! Please comment below, or link me to your own post. The more blogger love, the better!