And with the second week, I have an Alpha Gamma Delta alumna from the south! She is a long time poster on Greek Chat (anonymity preserved), and was a wonderful sister who agreed to answer my questions- I’m always interested to hear what fellow Alpha Gams perceive of our organisation!
1. What organisation and university are you from?
Alpha Gamma Delta, Texas Christian University, Ft Worth, TX.
2. What year did you initiate into your organisation?
3. Does your organisation offer specific alumnae programming?
Yes, but not enough.
4. Are you active in either an alumnae group of your organisation or the area Panhellenic? If yes, do you hold a position?
No. I married a member of the U.S. Air Force and we have never lived near an undergraduate chapter. I have spent most of my years since becoming an alumna as a member of our Volunteer Service Team. I currently serve as a Province Director.
5. Has your sorority experience contributed to where you are now- both personally and professionally? If yes, how so?
Of course! Personally, working with collegians gives me great satisfaction as to living my Purpose. My greatest accomplishment was being at the Initiations into AGD of my 4 daughters!! I firmly believe that they watched me serving the Fraternity as they grew up, which led them to choosing AGD for themselves. Professionally, well, I never had a real career as I chose to stay at home with my kids while my husband served our country. [U]However, I did have many responsibilities as an Officer’s Wife, and my Recruitment conversation skills served me well as I was always welcoming new people and making them welcome.
6. Do you interact with any undergraduate chapters of your organisation? Ie. Attend a reunion day or Initiation, alumnae days, recruitment, philanthropy events.
I do all of the above. My chapter was resolved while I was a collegiate, but my daughter’s chapter has “adopted” me for IRD and such. As a Province Director to a one on one chapter, I’m in touch with collegiate members daily.
7. If you could plan an alumnae event, anything at all, what would it be?
My chapter. 40 years after we were closed has begun reunions. Once a year, we get together to enjoy reminiscing, catch up and enjoy being together!
The alumnae in my own city are not particularly active, so I am always incredibly happy to hear that resolved chapter members are still so dedicated. I also would love to be involved with the Volunteer Service Team as a province director at some point in the future, so this gives me something to maybe look forward to. Another huge thank you to my sister!!