This week’s recipe is a meal or side, instead of baking! I will admit that I ate a lot of fried rice before my whole food-poisoning-from-the Calgary-Airport debacle! Still not sure if I will be able to eat Chinese food from a restaurant, be it a food court or an actual restaurant, but I decided try to making it at home again. I have made fried rice at home for years, and I decided to start there again! It’s quite easy, and it is healthier than the restaurant alternative.What do you need?
-1 cup of Minute Rice
-1 cup of frozen vegetable medley
-3 tbsp of soya sauce
What do you have to do?
1.Cook the Minute Rice in the microwave according to the directions.
2. Boil and cook frozen veggies; set aside.
3. Crack and scramble egg.
4. Spray medium frying pan with cooking spray and heat pan to medium heat.
5. Put rice and veggies in frying pan; continue stirring over medium heat.
6. After 3-4 minutes, pour egg over rice and veggies.
7. Continue stirring and mixing until egg is completely cooked (approximately 5 mins).
8. Once egg is cooked, pour soya sauce on rice mixture.
9. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, remove from heat, and let cool!
I hope you enjoy this homemade, healthier version of fried rice! It is cheaper than ordering in, and has less fat and little to no MSG- win win for all of us. It is about 20 minutes, start to finish. You could add in whatever veggies you like, chicken, beef, tofu!
Do you have any homemade versions of restaurant items?? Please share the recipe!