I’m a big kid, er… an adult kid: Colouring Books!

I posted in June 2015 about getting an adult colouring book, and I am happy to say, my collection has grown by leaps and bounds via Christmas! I always loved colouring, and I still do now. I had set my Enchanted Forest colouring book aside, as I wan’t really feeling the forest deal after a while. So, which reignited my colouring love??

The Official Outlander Colouring Book! One of my best friends gave me this for Christmas; Tiffany just gets me. She also gave me metallic pencil crayons that I didn’t know existed but have since blown my mind. Those swords will be made of metal, dammit! I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Outlander, I loved the first three books in the series, liked the fourth, and then kind of fell off the wagon. The first season of the series was fantastic, but it is disappointing to have to wait so between halves, and then wait so long again, but that seems to be the way of tv now!

My mom just gets me, too. A Minion AND a London colouring book?? Two of my favourite things, in colouring form!! The Minion book is especially nice as it is a kid’s colouring book, so if I ever want to really not think while I colour, I have the option 🙂 The London book is super cool: it has panels that fold out! I should think that I will probably colour this in one long afternoon, really go for it. Watch me colour Parliament, Buck House, AND St. Paul’s Cathedral!

My other, absolute favourite colouring book that I might have had on my list for months? The Harry Potter Colouring Book! I was so happy to see this, I am planning on colouring this will slowly re-watching all eight movies! (Not in marathon format, because I have a job. And I like sleeping, and just being a person.) The back has some wonderful pages with colour images from the films, a very nice touch. My metallic pencil crayons are really going to make the difference on the page of Snitches!

Do you have any favourite colouring books?? Any favourite pencil crayons/crayons/markers that you use??

14 thoughts on “I’m a big kid, er… an adult kid: Colouring Books!

1. Hammad Rais January 13, 2016 / 2:27 am

Wow!! I swear I didn’t knew about this at all until I read this post. Amazing!!
    We can color too!!

2. cultivatingtime January 13, 2016 / 1:05 pm

I have the Enchanted Forest colouring book by Joanna Bashford. Is this the same one you have? I really like the look of it but haven’t had much time to get into any colouring.

• anhistorianabouttown January 13, 2016 / 6:00 pm

That is the first one I got, yes! It was the first big one I saw in the trend, and I can tell why- it’s so detailed and intricate, just beautiful drawings to colour!

3. Eagle-Eyed Editor January 13, 2016 / 4:56 pm

I received an adult coloring book for Christmas and am enjoying it mightily. But I had no idea the Outlander book existed. Oh, boy, oh boy…..can’t wait to find that one! Thanks for letting us know.

• anhistorianabouttown January 13, 2016 / 6:02 pm

I can’t recommend it enough!! There are some drawings on the simple side, and some that are insanely intricate, something for any mood!

• Eagle-Eyed Editor January 13, 2016 / 6:09 pm

But it would be particularly fun to do Outlander, Harry Potter, even Star Wars……

4. hannahcole93 July 10, 2016 / 3:14 am

I love the Harry Potter ones and “The Great British Cake off” and the Doctor Who ones 🙂

I use staedtler ergosoft colouring pencils 🙂 They’re beautiful to use and blend so well 🙂

• anhistorianabouttown July 10, 2016 / 8:05 am

I have always loved Staedtler- most of my art supplies are Staedtler now!! I’ve learned that while they might be on the more expensive side, it is more than worth it. How many of the Harry Potter colouring books do you have??

• hannahcole93 July 10, 2016 / 9:27 am

I have the first one, the magical places one and the magical creatures one:)