Fitbit Flex: The Next Step for my Fitness

I have been finding it difficult to motivate myself to do yoga at home this past week. It was honestly just a terrible week overall; if something could go wrong, it did. I’m also getting frustrated having to have my phone on me everywhere I go to count my steps (including when I run). Enter: the Fitbit.

I have been considering getting a Fitbit for close to a year, I just haven’t been thrilled about spending $150 to get one. However, with Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, I was able to snag one for $100 with taxes! Thanks, Amazon- my red Fitbit Flex should be here by early next week. I’ve been considering all of the different models, and the Flex seems like the right choice for me. I only want to focus on step tracking and sleep tracking, and the Flex offers both of those things.

fitbit_silicone_wrist_band_watch_red_wine_burgundy_1
Via

I am not sure if I really want to know how often I am waking up throughout the night, but I think it’s time to pay attention to that. Sleep is a huge part of health; time to focus on that! I am hoping to spend some time playing around with the different settings. Apparently you have to be sure that you put the Fitbit into Sleep Mode, so I am going to make sure that I can do that properly. I am also going to spend the next few days reading through the Fitbit subreddit. I should admit that I’m also eyeing the Tory Burch Fitbit band, but I wouldn’t even consider purchasing that until I’ve used the Fitbit for 3+ months and am sure I will continue to use it.

tory-burch-fitbit-silicone-navy-printed-bracelet-38
Via

Do you have a Fitbit?? Any tips or suggestions??

6 thoughts on “Fitbit Flex: The Next Step for my Fitness

1. emilyelizabeth223 December 2, 2015 / 8:59 am

I love my fitbit! You’ll be really happy that you got one, it really helps me stay motivated and prioritize my health! Oh my goodness that Tory Burch band is too cute, it may be sneaking its way onto my Christmas list now.

• anhistorianabouttown December 2, 2015 / 10:41 am

It’s taking a lot out of me to not buy it now, but if I for some reason don’t like it, I will kick myself haha!

2. Melissa December 4, 2015 / 1:29 pm

I’ve been thinking about getting one but was thinking of getting the Fitbit One since I don’t like the idea of wearing it on my wrist.

• anhistorianabouttown December 4, 2015 / 5:29 pm

I’m the opposite- I would rather wear it on my wrist than anywhere else! Let me know if you end up getting one, and what you think!!

3. Jacques' Dog Blog December 19, 2015 / 9:00 pm

I have had a Fitbit Flex and a Jawbone UP. I really liked the Flex. Fitbit’s app is MUCH better than Jawbone (which I know you were taking about). I liked being able to use a desktop version of the Fitbit software too. That was nice. I’m a little torn about wearing the device on my wrist. I liked wearing it there because I wouldn’t forget it when changing close or accidentally wash it. But, I liked being able to clip my UP to my bra and have it completely hidden. As far as the sleep function… It’s kind of cool, but neither of them give you true info about the quality of sleep you get. They tell you a little about how much you move around – and that’s if you remember to set them to sleep mode.

I say if it helps you stay motivated or gives you motivation – go for it!

• anhistorianabouttown December 22, 2015 / 7:48 am

I am liking it so far- the info on sleep isn’t overly detailed, but it does suffice for my purposes. I think if anyone wants truly accurate and detailed sleep tracking, a sleep study is best! I’m finding seeing/feeling it on my wrist is a good reminder to keep moving. Overall, I just like being able to check in on my steps easily! Thanks for sharing your opinions!!! I mostly heard all good or all bad, so it is very helpful to hear a more moderate review!